Thursday, December 13, 2007

"He has more active cultures than the Middle East"


We’re waiting for our 10am patient in the conference room, listening to drug reps talk about insulin. They brought REALLY good coffee from the Atlanta Bread Co, so I am very happy to pretend to listen. Don’t worry, I’ve heard this spiel before. I’d be in trouble if I hadn’t b/c I’m a
little too distracted by my own thoughts.


Rep:
“Lantus is meant to maintain basal insulin levels…”

Me:
(Mmm coffeeeeeeeeee)

Rep:
“… an insulin drip maintained 4 days post surg decreases mortality by…”

Me:
(Oh god, so gooood. It doesn’t even need sweetener)

Rep:
“…so don’t use the sliding scale protocol, you should now use the subQ…”

Me:
(num num num… pretending to listen but actually blogging… and reveling in caffeine bliss…num num num)

Rep:
“…almost 66% of hyperglycemics are undiagnosed diabetics and…”

Me:
(oh thank you Jesus for caffeine, seriously why did I stay up so late watching An Inconvenient Truth? I have a 4-day weekend coming up and it was Netflix. The whole point of Netflix is there is no due date and now what will I watch this weekend? Maybe Hairspray. I should really study for the upcoming Internal Med test. I have no idea how to study for it though. I should talk to…)

My Doc:
“…I didn’t go but Michelle did… what did they say Michelle?”

Me:
(SHIT) “Huh? About what in particular?”

My Doc:
“Which receptor is inhibited in that niacin drug from yesterday?”

Me:
"Dp1 in the Langerhaans cell”

My Doc:
“Oh ok, ya, apparently that reduces flushing…”

Me:
(Smooth one, Hill)




Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: